Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Good Luck!! Chris!!

We have only met once--at RFK Stadium.

Occasionally, we have agreed on topics.

But mostly, we live at the opposite ends of the spectrum concerning Baseball in Washington, DC.

Opinions--that have made blogging about Our Washington Nationals Fun. You know, debating about The Great Game has added to my enjoyment since baseball's return to Washington. I always love the give and take of blogging--as long as it's not personal.

And when I first heard that Chris Needham announced he was RETIRING from his Capitol Punishment blog, I thought IT WAS A JOKE!!

Apparently Not!!

So, I just wanted to say: I am sorry to see you go Chris. As long as everyone is talking about Our Washington Nationals--in praise or criticism--it's important. Talking about the team gets people excited and draws in more fans. I know we have battled at times. But at the end of the day--I also know--DEEP DOWN--we are both Fans of Our Washington Nationals.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! SOHNA AND I ONLY WISH YOU THE BEST!!

PS--Knowing how much you love it-- I just had to put the Caps Lock on--just to EMPHASIZE THE POINT!!

2 comments:

Positively Half St. said...

SBF-

Losing Chris is a big deal, and I agree with your assessment that you had very different approaches. I submit that a variety of approaches is very important. Your access to the team and steadfast coverage make you an important voice for the Nats.

Chris Needham said...

Thanks, Jeff!

You're right. At the end of the day, we're both cheering for wins. It doesn't matter how we get to that result. There are many ways of being a fan!

THANKS FOR THE EXTRA CAPS! :)