Saturday, May 22, 2010

Please Rise....


Approximately 12 minutes before the first pitch of any home game at Nationals Park, the HDTV Scoreboard always plays a special 90 second historical tribute to baseball in Washington. D.C. The video always leads up to the playing of The National Anthem.

It's a very well produced video and no matter where Sohna and I are inside Nationals Park we stop, watch and listen to the entire sequence on the scoreboard or on one of the countless monitors placed throughout the South Capitol Street Ballpark. It's really that good. Our understanding is the music used in the tribute is from the HBO Mini-Series John Adams--but we honestly don't know the title of the song.

Here is the complete "Please Rise..." video shown before every home game of Our Washington Nationals.

7 comments:

Edward J. Cunningham said...

Thanks for the video clip! If there is any nitpick, it's that you can't quite hear the soft music which comes at the very beginning when you see footage of the Capitol and the monuments. This always gives me goosebumps whenever I see it before a game...

Betty-VA said...

Do you know where the music is from that is played right before the Nats take the field for the first inning?
Betty in Section 130

Screech's Best Friend said...

Betty-VA: The song that plays as The Nationals take the field in the top of the 1st inning is "Thunderstruck" from the rock group AC/DC.

Betty-VA said...

Thunderstuck doesn't sound right. Still wanting to know.

Screech's Best Friend said...

Well, it is Thunderstruck. The same music that has been used since the team moved to Nationals Park.

Anonymous said...

I love you for this! I've been wanting to tape it for a while so that I could listen to it in the off season. This past off-season I would cue up the "John Adams" theme (from where the music comes) and close my eyes and play the intro in my head. Yes, I am that much of a geek. Also adding to my geekdom--only now do I not get a little teary when they get to the 2004/2005 & 2008 stuff. The music is so perfectly timed to reflected all the emotions that I had about baseball returning to DC and, less so, "coming home" (aka, Nationals Park, the home of the Washington Nationals).

Joe Bondi said...

Sorry to be late to the game on this post, but I, too, get goosebumps when they play this. I love the opening sequence to John Adams. Just downloaded it from iTunes. Just search for John Adams soundtrack, and you'll see the album come up. The track is called "Opening Titles" (I know, inspirational) and it's the first track on the album.

JB
Section 406, ex-section 526