Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Open House


Our Washington Nationals sent out to subscribers of "Nationals Insider" an email update today. Included is an invitation to an OPEN HOUSE at New Nationals Park. RSVP required--with two dates and times--listed for choices.

Friday--April 4th from 6PM to 8PM.
Saturday--April 5th from 12 Noon to 4pm.

If you attend on Saturday--you may sit and watch Our Washington Nationals take on The St. Louis Cardinals on the HDTV Scoreboard. Playing in St. Louis this weekend--that particular game is scheduled to begin at 1PM.

Concessions will also be available.

During the Open House--all fans can check out The Presidents Club, The Diamond Club and Stars & Stripes Club. The Strike Zone for Kids will be open with all the interactive games. This a good chance to tour The New South Capitol Street Ballpark.

The Shirley Povich Media Center, The Team Clubhouses and lower service levels are not included in this Open House. And parking WILL NOT be available in the two decks--adjacent to New Nationals Park. No Nats Express either, plan accordingly.

You must RSVP--including the number of people in your party--to receive your confirmation--which you print out and bring with you to present at the gate.

A very nice opportunity to see the park leisurely.

6 comments:

Edward J. Cunningham said...

I'm working on Saturday, but I'll be there on Friday!

Anonymous said...

I must hand it to the Lerners. They are tremendous businessmen. With this Open House, they have still found a way to make money off the new park even when the team is out of town and no baseball is being played here. It's pretty amazing really, almost akin to how I first felt when I heard people would make money selling bottled water. But I have no doubt they will rake in the bucks this weekend selling Ben's chili dogs and etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's good business.

Edward J. Cunningham said...

Annie, are you going to click "Name/URL" and select a user name? I have the perfect one for you---"TROLL."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Edward. I've posted many times on the official team fan board and a few times over here. Thought I needed to create a user account or something to post here and didn't want to bother.

p.s. I ain't a troll. I'm a loyal season ticket holder. Just making what I considered to be a keen observation :o)

Edward J. Cunningham said...

To me, your post seemed like a troll's snark, but thanks for posting a user name. Does this Open House give the Lerners a chance to make a little extra money while the team is on the road? A bit, but the bigger value is getting more people the chance to see the stadium and thus WANT to buy tickets for future games. I chalk this up as a brilliant public relations move.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the President's Club since normally that area is off limits to me during a Nationals game.

Edward J. Cunningham said...

I was looking forward to going tomorrow night, but the Friday night's open house has been cancelled due to inclement weather. I'd go Saturday, but unfortunately, I have to work. Maybe there will be another opportunity in the future to see the President's Club. *sigh*