Friday, April 04, 2008

Appreciating Your Friends

When you have spent the past 28 years your life working, sometimes struggling, and many times putting your life on the line--all for the sense of duty in Television News--you better appreciate those that covered your back all over this world--when times were difficult and tough. Tonight, one of my best friends and colleagues moved on--resigning from his long time position. And the celebration was on to commemorate this man's excellent work. Over 75 fellow Network News Men & Women posted up for this important Good Bye.

If you have read The Nats320 Blog for any length of time you will understand--friends and the fun enjoyed with them--is what life is all about.

I know it may be hard for you to believe--but tonight was not a baseball night for me--although Our Washington Nationals were opening a three games series in St. Louis. Camaraderie and Friendship were far more important. Tonight, along with all my journalism buddies, I celebrated Adam and all he offered over the past quarter century in television news. Baseball--took a back seat--and rightfully so.

I am so glad--I attended his Farewell Party.

And I hope you understand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. As much as you love baseball, I'm glad you have the good sense to put it aside to honor a colleague and friend. Tonight's game was a good one to miss, anyway.

Anonymous said...

You have the right priorities, SBF. I hope that your friend and now-former colleague enjoys the next phase of his life.

Anonymous said...

So you are an adult after all!?!?!

Edward J. Cunningham said...

Ignore what tom said. I understand, and besides, the Open House is more for people who haven't had the chance to see Nationals Park as you did this weekend. Please send Adam my best regards.

Speaking of priorities, on the other side of the scale is acclaimed director Spike Lee. I read in an interview how his younger sister was making her debut in a ballet or some show. Spike did not attend because the Knicks were playing at Madison Square Garden. He says his sister understands. I glad she does, because I don't.